Monday, April 14, 2008

*Haiku Much?*

Our challenge this week for The Design Experiment was to: "do a Haiku about today"

I don't think I've heard the word "haiku" since I was in grade school. I even had to look it up to see exactly what it was!
When I read the meaning:
hai·ku /?ha?ku/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[*hahy*-koo]
1. a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.
I KNEW I was being totally challenged! HA! You should have SEEN me counting my syllables on my fingers in the air, saying each word carefully. I was hoping I didn't get counted off for my ability to make one word sound like 2 or more (but don't blame me, blame my Texas accent I was born with, LOL!)
This past weekend we found baby bunnies burrowed in a small hole in our yard. You should have SEEN them. There were probably about 5 of them, all on top of one another. They were so cute!! I had to get right down on that burrow and snap pics. Aren't they adorable! I totally knew that was what my "haiku" was going to be about!

Be sure to check out The Design Experiment Blog to see what everyone came up with!

This is my layout I did -


My haiku reads:
Baby bunnies born.
Right here in our own backyard. (while writing I accidentally left off here, LOL!)
God's sweet creation.

So do you feel challenged? Can you Haiku about today? You should!! If I can Haiku, so can YOU! Check out the blog and be sure to link up your layout so you can be entered in the RAK drawing! I can't wait to see everyone's haiku's!


Have a happy week!
Say HI if you get a chance :)