Monday, May 5, 2008

**Got Challenges??**

Ready for this week's challenge at the Design X blog?? It's so cute!! It's all about honoring our moms :)

Here's the challenge:
Our challenge this week is to honor our mothers! What is one positive
trait you have inherited from you mom?

You should DO this challenge!! Do it and link us up to your layout in the comment section so you can be entered to win a COOL RAK - go check it out!

Here's my layout....


up close.....


and close again.....


My journaling reads:
She is my mom. Not only that - she is my very best friend. I am the luckiest girl
alive to have a mom like MY mom. I have to tell you - she is MY hero.
She has a heart of gold, loves everyone with everything she has, she has no enemies;
holds NO grudges. These are all traits she's passed on to her children. Her
biggest she's passed on to me has to be the ability to love with all of your heart.
I do that. A LOT. She also taught me how to forgive & forget.
This lady is the sweetest creation God has made. I love her with all of my heart.
Thank you Mom for all you've give to me. Thank you for loving me, for giving
your all - thank you for YOU. For because of you - I am: blessed,
loved, happy, full of life, strong, animated, silly, the ME I am.

I love this picture of my mom. She's 18 years old in it. It's her high school picture. She looks like she's so excited to start her new life...to begin her new journey as a young woman fresh from high school. She married the very next year and had my oldest sister the year after that. She's such a great mom...I am truly blessed!! She's 73 now - and HATES her picture taken...she's so silly.
I love her....

thanks for letting me share my layout with you!!
Hope you have a lovely week!
Don't forget to shout me a "HI!!"

15 comments:

Lea L. said...

Your mom is gorgeous in that photo....and the layout is so gorgeously done! Fabulous job Leslie!

~Lea

Kimberly said...

seriously awesome page!! love it.
just wanted to say hi.
haven't talked to you for a while!

Kimberly said...

This is GORGEOUS! Totally love all your details and your sweet journaling! xoxo
Love ya,
K

Kristi Smith said...

I LOVE that layout Leslie! I bet your mom loves it too. So cute. Great challenge this week!!!

Nicole & Co. said...

you are amazing and such a huge inspiration! i love this page and i'm sure your pretty momma did too!!

Anabelle said...

Just love this page!!! You are such an inspiration.

echowein said...

That is a beautiful layout! What a great idea. I have a project I did for my mom,(it's at my store) I'll have to post it on my blog.

Ki said...

WOW - your layout is breathtaking and the journaling is just so special! I bet your Mom just adores it!

Renee said...

gorgeous layout, gorgeous journaling! You know how amazing I think you are and how amazing THIS is! what a wonderful tribute to you mama! I may have to do this for a mother's day present. you are really rockin' girl! LOVE it! renee lamb :)

Raechelle said...

Stunning photo and layout! And your journaling is fantastic! You are blessed and your mother passed on some wonderful qualities to you. :)
Rae

TheShermanFam said...

I LOVE this photo, too! She's adorable!!! And I LOVE this LO! Your journaling, the little details, everything! IT'S STUNNING!!! Always love lookin' at your work!!

~Nancy~ said...

Such an amazing page girlie... your mom is gorgeous too.. wow.. such a beautiful picture!!!!! Your journaling ROCKS as always... PERFECT! Just looooove to visit your blog and discover your beautiful, bright and fun creations!!!! You keep inspiring me over and over again! XOXOXO

Norma Kennedy said...

Leslie all I can say is AMAZING layout ! Your journaling and design all is just perfect !!!!!
Hugs, Norma

Lisa said...

She is obviously a fabulous mother...she produced a daughter like you! I'd say you are both very blessed! Happy Day!

NancyJones said...

omg this rocks. I knew your mom was amazing cuz well... you are!