Monday, June 16, 2008

**Prayers & A Little Creation**

She is going to DIE when she finds out I posted her pic but I have to show you this pretty girl...

THIS is my sister Melinda. If you don't mind - could you please say a little prayer for her tomorrow? She's having surgery. Not your normal every day surgery. My sister is having a corneal transplant. Her 3rd to be exact. She had her first 2 (in both eyes) over 3 years ago. She's having to have a 3rd one in her right eye because the donor eye had a disease in it that wasn't detected until a few years into her transplant. It's called Fuch's Disease (click on the link and it will tell you all about it) and it's making her MISERABLE and is giving her such trouble that the only option is another transplant. SO tomorrow morning, bright and early at 7 am she goes in for her surgery. If all goes well - she gets to go home in the afternoon. The reason I say if all goes well - well during my sister's FIRST transplant over 3 years ago she collapsed after surgery, going into shock having to be revived What was supposed to be an outpatient procedure turned into a 7 day hospital stay. 3 months later - the next eye transplant. It was also supposed to be an outpatient procedure. During surgery she had an asthma attack. That turned into another 7 day hospital stay. Poor girl!! My prayer is that she has this surgery with NO complications and NO long hospital stay. Also that this surgery is a success and she gets the relief she so needs and deserves. She teaches high school and has had such a hard time this year with all her complications. My oldest sister and I are taking turns this week taking care of her, along with our parents, and helping her heal and get better. Thank you SO much for taking the time to read about my sweet sister. I just love her!!! :)
************************************************************************************
I sure hope you and all of the dad's in your life had a WONDERFUL Father's Day! My sweet hubby had a wonderful day and later we met my entire family for my nephew's choir performance and a Father's Day celebration afterwards. This is something I made for my dad - the BEST dad in the WORLD!! You should have SEEN him when he saw it. Sure made my day and made me feel SO SPECIAL!!!











Thanks for letting me share with you.
I hope you have an extra SUPER week this week :)
Hugs to all,
~Me.

14 comments:

Pam said...

Sending lots of prayers out to your Beautiful sister! She is a strong woman to go through all that! Hope this one is the last she'll have to endure!

And that Dad's Day project is FREAKING AMAZING!!!! Just when I think you can't amaze me anymore with your talent you do it again girl!

Amy Coose said...

I'll be saying prayers today for your sweet sister. Please keep me posted.

Love your daddy's gift. That's really, really cool. Your talent just totally amazes me.

LoRi said...

Oh, Les. I will absolutely say a prayer for your beautiful sis. I wish her well. And your project, girl your talent makes my jaw drop. I'm in awe of you!
xoxo

Danielle said...

That is SUCH a beautiful project, you always amaze me to no end!!! I will certainly keep your sister in my thoughts..I hope she gets through everything with flying colors!!

Love and hugs,
Dani

Amanda L. said...

very cool project for your proud papa....and sending good thoughts your sister's way today!

Amy W. said...

i will be thinking of your sister! she is beautiful! :) i wish her a speedy and safe recovery.

your gift for your father is amazing!!!! very inspiring...as always! {hugs}

amy

Dena said...

Ok first off. Hugs and loves and prayers for sis and yourself. You are a wonderful sister Les!

Secondly your gift is freakin FANTASTIC! Holy Cow Leslie!!! You just about knocked me off my chair. WONDERFUL!

Emily said...

Oh bless her heart! I pray that she goes through this surgery well and the recovery is speedy and as pain free as possible!! Please keep us updated!

Btw, I love that little creation you made your dad. Did you buy the stars and everything like that??

Renee Lamb said...

Oh Leslie! She will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers as will you. Poor sis...I hope this one is successful for her as well. What a tough cookie she is (and she is beautiful too) - can definitely see that y'all are sisters. Keep us posted on her status. I'd help ya out if I was closer -if even to bring you a Sonic diet Dr. Pepper ;). Big hugs and prayers to y'all throughout this week. And I just have to say - your Father's Day Bucket......ROCKS. wow.wow.wow. So much amazing detail. No wonder your Dad felt special! Holy cow girlfriend!!! you are such an amazing talent and inspiration! Glad you had a good FD! Big big hugs

Anabelle said...

She will definitely be in my prayer. The third time MUST be the charm! She's lucky to have you there. ;) LOVE your Father's Day project. WOW. I can't even imagine how long that took to make. Gorgeous!!!

echowein said...

Oh I pray everything goes well with the surgery. She must be a little frightened of the outcome.
Beautiful project...just stunning!

Nikki Bellish said...

hope everything goes well...cute project....definitly one of those projects where i say to myself...why didn't I think of that!!!! Darling really!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Leslie, i will definitely be saying some prayers for your sister. Please let us know how she is doing.

And that Father's Day gift is beautiful. i absolutely love it!

The kids and I gave James 2 sentry chairs for his Pirate reenactment weekends. Yes I said pirate! Don't ask. LOL

Susannah said...

Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers I hope everything went well and she will have a speedy recovery.

And now for that project WOW is all I can say it is AWESOME!