Saturday, June 21, 2008

**She LOVES her flowers that shall never die**

Guess what? My sister is doing GREAT!!! She's just doing fabulous. She HURTS like the DICKENS(she said it only hurts when she blinks...well hello we blink ALOT! LOL) but she's just doing so good..she's a TROOPER! Listen to this! SHE went to her surgeon Wednesday (she had her surgery Tuesday) and he told her she got a DARNED good eye! (ok so he used a word I don't normally use, hee hee---he was just excited when he examined her eye again). See--a perfect eye is from an infant. They have 3000 cells. My sister's 40 year old donor gave her life...they gave her 2800 cells! Isn't that fantastic? SO excited..that means she'll have almost perfect vision. I do have a funny to share...the nurse came in and did a mini exam, made my sister look at the eye chart at the very first letter. Ok we ALL know what the first letter is..it's never changed, right? My sister told her it was an "E". Nurse says..."GREAT job Melinda, you're doing SO GOOD!! You'll be seeing tiny letters in NO time!" Nurse walks out. My sister...hurting like all get out manages to squeak out a funny...
"Does she (she being the nurse) REALLY (remember..my FAVE word, she even had the perfect infliction in her tone) think the letters change? I mean come on...that E has always been there, it always will be..wait, unless I turn my head this way (as she goes to the right) it's an "M". This way (as she goes to the left) it's an "W". Think they'll pass out if I say those?" I almost peed my pants...that made me laugh SO hard (but then again I'm always easily amused...HA!) Ok so anyways...on with my story.
My sister LOVES all things TEENincy (I totally know that's not a real word) so imagine my surprise when I found a teeny weeny watering can in the $ spot at Michael's. I immediately KNEW I was making her a flower arrangement. One that shall NEVER die. It will always remain pretty, colors bright and cheery. Sooo I went to town making her arrangement...this is how it turned out (now remember, this watering can is just a smidgen tinier than a tomato paste can):

(images to return soon..requested for submission!)





I am in LOVE with how this turned out. I'm going BACK to Michael's tomorrow to get myself one so I can make one for my desk. It was SO fun and EASY as all get out to make.
My sister, from her one eye that she CAN see out of, loved it. She said the colors make her so happy and she can't WAIT to put it on her desk :) That's all it took. I was a happy girl.

THEN...I showed her THIS:























"Is THAT for ME????" Oh yeah..I made that for HER. She told my mom - I think I mentioned in my last blog post - that she loved the one I made for my dad and wished she had one for herself. I did a little shopping, got all kinds of girly stuff together (with her fave colors) and came up with a girlified heart arrangement for her. She was so giddy! (at first I thought it was her pain pills making her giddy, but she reassured me - while they make her feel better - it's the hearts that made her so happy...
I was so glad I could do that for her. She deserves it. She's been through alot this week. She's recovering nicely. She's going to be a-ok once her full vision comes in her eye and her body accepts the donor tissue and gives her her eyesight back.
Thank you for taking a peek at my blog today,
Don't forget, I LOVE all the hi's...leave me one, or two, or three if you so choose! (LOL)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs!

~Me






22 comments:

LoRi said...

Good thing I didn't put on my mascara yet because your post made me cry! First from laughter and then from your amazing, touching creation. You really are all that, Leslie! Thanks for sharing the good news.
Hugs!

Ki said...

Oh my word! You amaze me! The button flowers are incredible! Mind if I lift it? I have a friend that would totally love something like that!!! You are so inspiring!
Your arrangement for your sis is just fantastic! You inspire me so much...as an artist and as a person!

~Kim said...

Yeah for your sister.....great news! I would be so happy to get one of those too.....you should do a how-to tutorial for all of us that would love to know how to make one!

SUPER CUTE!!

~Kim

Davinie said...

I'm so glad your sis is doing okay. 2800 is awesome! Those button vases are so cool! I WANT some of the buttons you've used! Very cool colors and shapes! Have a great weekend sweets!

echowein said...

Both projects are so beautiful! I'm glad those things make her happy and what great news that she's doing well. Have a great weekend!

TheShermanFam said...

Hey, Les!! I love your creations!! What a LUCKY sister...and soo cool that her eyesight is getting better!!!
I'm tempted to make one for myself!! SOO CUTE!!!!

Shanna said...

HOley Schmoley girl! You are my scrappy idol! I love that lil watering can! So sweet! Good news about sis! That's sooooo awesome! You're the best!

Marcee said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! You are so talented Leslie:) I absolutley LOVE everything you make.

I am so thrilled for you sister-great news:)

Staci said...

Wow, Leslie, not only are you uber talented, but you are so sweet, as well! I love both the button flowers (so clever!) and the "girlified" arrangement you made - I would have been giddy if I was your sister, too! I'm so glad she is recovering so well, and I was LMAO at the eye chart story! So glad she got the 'E' right ;-)

Jennifer said...

you are just the best sister ever!! What fun gifts!!

Kimberly said...

okay, hello! how did i not know your sister was having surgery?? what is the story????!!! i had no idea this was happening! i'm glad to hear she is doing well. it is my personal belief that being an organ donor is very important.

i hit 'enter'. should do it more! i really had no idea you (and your family) was going through this!!!!

Janette said...

Hi Darling,

First off many prayers and hugs for your sister. I hope all continues to go well.

Love those gifts you made for her. They are so bright and fun and cheerful. Oh how cute, cute, cute!

Thanks for sending me this link. I will be back often. Have a great day. Many hugssss! Janette

Renee Lamb said...

oh, sooooo happy that your sister is doing well and will have great vision! what a hard time she just went through so it's great news to hear how successful it is. and btw - totally peed my pants with the story - THAT is funny - she should have totally done that to them just for a reaction! LOL - and you are ROCKIN' those buckets girl - I bought some of those watering cans too but now you have inspired me to get to work on them. of course you have them mastered so mine would be pitiful in comparison but still looks like fun - you are all that and a bag of chips!!! ha ha ha - did I really just pull that ol' school line out? ROFL! but seriously - you are so stinkin' creative and awesome. big hugs to you AND to your sister!

Laura Fiore said...

Hey pretty lady! It made me so happy to see you post on my blog this morning...it's been WAY long!

What a blessing for your sister...now she'll be able to fully see all of the beautiful stuff you're creating!

Good to hear from you!

Danielle said...

awesome news about your sis!!! I am sure that she absolutely LOVED those flowers. They are gorgeous!

Amanda L. said...

Wow.....your sis is very lucky to receive these two awesome projects...love the button flowers...but then that would be mean I actually have to use my buttons instead of hoard them.

Debbie :-) said...

Wow Leslie, these new creations are so adorable!!! You are definitely the "Queen of Creativity".
Mind if I try to make one these?

Wonderful news about your sis!!!

Have joyful day!!

2H Design said...

Cute!

Nikki Bellish said...

Oh my, leslie...once again such darling work! I want a bouquet like that! How fun and cute! Glad to her she's still doing great!

Lisbet said...

Awake in the night and cannot sleep. Decided to get some inspiration for the week so I began to jump around on blogs to see if my eye can catch some new ways. I´m really happy that I came across your blog and I have stayed much longer then I should at your place. Thanks a million for all the inspiration.


www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

Glad to hear your sister is doing well! And your projects are so darned cute...love them!

~Lea

Chelsea Van Tol said...

what an amazing project!