Monday, April 12, 2010

*A Plus L, Photo Op & Dream A Little Dream*

Wow, that's certainly a FULL loaded title, huh.

I've been up to my eyeballs in creating...
of course there's NO WHERE ELSE I'd rather be.
I love it.
Live for it.
I even laugh while doing it.
Yes...I'm one of those.
I.talk.to.my.photo's.
"awww, Shaypher...you're so CUTE here!"
"lookin' at you here Savannah..you can TELL the bug of ♥ has bitten you."
"is that really a chicken on your head?"
"wow...we look good together!"
so on and so forth...

Here's what I've been up to:
First up...it's my Creative Team spotlight
over at Tessa Ann's "The Button Shop".
and this is what I created using her
"just the 2 of us" set... (you gotta go get them...hurry!)

a couple of close ups:















that's me and my sweet, cute hub.
we've almost been married 20 years (whoa!! coming up in May ;D)
the 2 of us are about to experience something I didn't think would sneak
up on us so fast.
Boy was I wrong.
Our baby birds have their wings.
They're about to fly...
Come May, the boy will graduate high school.
Come August...he'll be at Hardin Simmons.
Come August...she'll be in her 2nd year at Baylor.

Come August...our nest is empty.

W.H.A.T in the world.
W.H.E.N exactly did time just take hold and FLY?
Golly! (in Texas we pronounce that as Gawel Lee.)
I see lots of road trips  in our future.
Waco, Abilene...let's see, where else can we explore?
Ok. Phew. Enough of that...

Want to see something else I did?
I made a card.
I know...you're thinking...
LESLIE? A CARD?
But..yes, I did!
Here it is:
kinda ok, huh? I'm going to have to give myself a pat
on the back...I never make cards. I think I stink at it!
here's a little closeup:















and one more thing I did for Shimmerz (look for it on the Shimmerz blog soon
with deets on how I did what I did...)
another one of my son's SR photo's
courtesy of:  eight 18 photography.
some closeups?
see those buttons?
Aren't they GORGEOUS??
They're also Tessa Ann's creations...
they're called: 
(just click on the link to get them!)

more:















one  more:
I will have instructions on how I did this cool background...

Well, that's all for today!
Wait..
are you wondering where my The Girls Loft things sneaks are?
Oh...
well...
soon!
(2 projects finished, working on a few more...will share soon!)
Have a lovely day...
I'm off to get ready to have Bunco at my house tonight.
Thank you Air Conditioner for working again.

xoxo,
~me.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Awesome layouts!

Patti said...

Gorgeous... LOVE THOSE LAYOUTS!!

Jocelyn said...

Love these Lo's Leslie..they are just perfect!!!! Love the background on the one of your son...can't wait to hear how you did that!!!

Empty nest...oh dear I remember when that happened to us...it was tough at first..but road trips do help!!!

I so enjoy your creations...thanks for sharing!!! Have a great week!!!

kimosabescraps said...

oh Leslie... I am loving these layouts!!!
The card is so cute too... you are perfect with those buttons...

I am lol about the talking to your pics.. I do that too wonder if its acreative thing... people who talk to themselves... my mother used to also and said only to worry when you started answering back!!! lmao

Juliana said...

WOW! These are so fabulous! love the sanded cardstock and the buttons! And you so do not stink at making cards!!!

Keshka said...

I'm new to your blog but just wanted to pop and say I LOVE these projects!

gscrapbooks said...

Gorgeous projects - love the card! :-)