Friday, June 18, 2010

*Be Inspired...Be Real*

hi!
thank you for stopping by my blog today.
I hope you are having a beautiful day.

I have something fun to show you!

blinkie_general

 Inspired Blueprints - a FABULOUS sketch blog-
asked me to be their guest for challenge #50.
What an HONOR!! I loved playing along.  I love their sketches!
Thank you Inspired Blueprints for having me!

here's what sketch #50 looks like:
and this is my interpretation of the sketch:
I just got some of the new Claudine Helmuth paints
at GASC a couple of weeks ago & it was sitting on my desk
- just ready for me to use it...
what a fab opportunity to do that!

Along with the beautiful tiny Melissa Frances frames -
Jenni B (my FAVE!) papers, rub ons,
Maya Road star pins 
October Afternoon(another FAVE!),
some May Arts ribbon,
& a quote from a postcard I LOVE -

put that all together with that cute photo of my sweet boy --
(photography by Andie Smith -- eight18photography.com)
and you get my layout..

how about some closer shots:
I'm so glad I got to share that with you!

Now...
remember me talking about being real?
Like I said...
I pretty much think...I'm as real as real can get here.
I mean..if I were any more real I'd be standing next to you.
(WEIRD!)
no *froof* allowed....
but....
here's some things that are real about me that you may not know
(and may be wishing you didn't now, LOL!)
I'm me.
I'm super goofy.
(remember that one time I ran like Napolean because
neighbors saw me dancing while I was walking?
NO? Well..now you do...lol)

take me like I am. I am what I am -

I'm a child of God.
I may not be the best Christian -
but I strive to be that girl - every day.

I worry way WAY too much sometimes.
I wonder "why" too much.
I wonder, "what have I done" too much.
get the picture? I wonder...entirely too much.
I'm like...Leslie. In Wonderland.

But no, seriously....
It's hard to remember to give it all to Him...
Sometimes it seems easier  to sit, ponder, dwell in it all...
it's like human powers can make it all better - find an answer.
I have to hand it over - and trust.
Which I do. I'm trying.
anways...moving on...

My bed is only made if I have company coming.
I HATE to vaccuum (but do it anyway...whistling while I work)
but love to do laundry (it's got to be the new washer and dryer...lol!)
Clutter is a big annoyance of mine.
I'm becoming a better organizer...
wait, do those 2 sentences even match?

I have a little OCD.
just a little.
why I have to turn my alarm on 3 times in a row I'll never get.
comfort.
yep, that's it, comfort.

Closet doors MUST be shut before I go to bed.
I have NO idea why - I've never been frightened as a child --
I just don't like them open at night.
My closet is always closed.
hubby's closet is in the bathroom.
if it's late at night - and it's not closed - and it's a midnight potty break..
all.lights.must.be.on.
then I run like a mad woman to my bed after snapping them off
(oh and shutting that door)

I love to laugh. really - really laugh.
a good belly laugh. you know the kind...
the kind of laugh you think you tinkled -- but realized you haven't.
(and say a silent..."thank you")
THAT's the best!

I'm not afraid to admit I have 4 pups and I strive to make sure
my home never smells like them. 
I would have 34837387387387383 more if I could - I'm an animal
girl...I've rescued all 4 of mine and would rescue the world if I could.
I cry at every ASPCA or any animal commercial.
I do. I'll admit it.

is it bad to admit that I think I *just might* enjoy this new empty nest thing?
*ahem* did I say that one out loud?

I've been married to the love of my life for 20 years and one month today.
He's not only my rock of Ashe-bralter (like rock of Gibraltor, LOL)
he's more the love of my life today than the very first time we said those magical words.
not to mention I think he's quite...hot.

I've had the best life. In all my 41 years I've never felt more blessed
to be raised by the most loving, understanding,gentle but stern & kind
God fearing parents in ALL of the world.
God blessed me...that's for SURE.
My childhood is full of the most beautiful memories.
Wonderful traditions too.
Ones I've been able to pass down to my own children.

I value my friends. I hold them dear.
No matter what - a friend is a friend forever.
I believe the golden rule -
"make new friends, but keep the old..one is silver, the other gold."
amen. I love you all...

I could go on and on...
but something else real about me is...
as many times as I've been hurt (friendships, relationships, jobs, etc...)
I know how to bounce back and be colorful again.
Life is wonderful--
and I can do ALL things thru Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

now if you've read THIS far -
you're a DEAR dear person...thank you.
if not..I totally understand.
sometimes I can be long winded...
(another real fact about me, LOL)

thank you again for stopping by my blog today.
I hope your day is truly blessed and wonderful!

xoxo,
~me.♥

12 comments:

Daniela said...

Love you and I am so happy that you are my friend :)

April said...

What a great post! :) Your posts always have a way of making me smile...and sit back and remember my blessings and all I have to be thankful for. Thank you for that...
- April

Melonie said...

LOve you, love your realness and love, love,love this post! You always make me smile...for reals:)

Ibis said...

To my long lost sister, I Love you more and more each day. About a year ago, I was reading a blog and they had a link to visit one of your posts. I clicked and have since then loved journeying through the world of Leslie Ashe! Every project you post thrills me with delight and you quickly made it to the top of my bloglist. I check your blog religiously. And I was so thrilled when I opened up a recent copy of Scrapbook Trends and saw Your photo and things about you. Your work always inspires me, like today, I store my Melissa Frances frames in my girl embellies and would never use them on a boy layout, but they looked perfect here and I started to wonder what if I inked them in brown and put it on my next boy layout.
Then I continued to read your post and learn more about you and I smiled thinking, "she's just like me!". So when you are thinking about what your impact is in the world, I hope it makes you smile that you touch people all over and in so many ways, and people out there like me hold you dear to their heart even without even meeting you. Hugs to you, my friend.

Nay and Gilly said...

Great to have you as a Guest DT on IB, Gilly :)))))

~jan said...

Your take on the sketch is fantastic! Your real seems like a good thing to be! :)

Amy Coose said...

Congrats on guesting at Inspired Blueprints! I love your take on the sketch. Your real post is exactly what I expected because you really are who you say you are, and I love you for that! Thanks for being my friend.

dstandard said...

Such an awesome page! Love your work girl - miss all the chat we all did!

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Leslie I loved this post! I think if we ever met, we'd be friends because you sound so much like me! I have never met another person who was so obsessive about having the closet doors closed before going to bed! I loved getting to know you a little better....please give us more Leslie!

Your layouts are amazing as always!

suezi said...

Thanks for sharing Leslie. I love your realness! What a gift you give your kids everyeday the realtionship you have with your "hot" guy!

Erin Bassett said...

Great post!! Love that you're keeping it real!

Kristi (aka T!) said...

I loved this post Leslie. I have the same closet door thingy...what's with that anyway. I hate it that I do that..and I can't stand to have my feet on the floor next to the bed when the lights are off. Not one person or thing has ever grabbed my feet under there. So why, why, why, do I do that? That's the other thing..that why? why? why?
So glad to see that I'm not the only real freak out there.
God is THE thing in our lives that makes us normal.
Real people are such a comfort.
AAhhh!!
Great to get to know the real Ash!