Monday, June 28, 2010

**buttons & butterflies & besties...oh me.**

Hi everyone!
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.
Ours was packed with lots of littles.
A little of this...a little of that....
but before I get into that, I have to show you something cute.
really REALLY cute.
check these out:






















yummy right? I ADORE these buttons.
Tessa Ann is SOOOO talented.
These are JUMBO buttons. FUN!

She creates some of the most GORGEOUS buttons
and even other little fun things...like cake toppers!
Check out her etsy right here:  Tessa Ann's Etsy.

It is Designer Monday so I got to create a little something
for Tessa Ann today using her Rasberry Vine buttons:





















When I saw these buttons -- I just KNEW what they were
perfect for.
My girl's prom dress (on the left  - photo from 2009 prom)!
So put together with some butterflies (totally on a butterfly kick lately),
a new die from Tim Holtz (filmstrip) using my new Big Shot (L♥VE!),
lots of Jenni B (♥♥♥!!!), October Afternoon (♥♥♥!!!) a
some chipboard and this is what ya get.

Closeup of Tessa Ann's buttons:















Friday I took the girl (and her bestie above!) down to Waco
 to check out her new condo she'll be moving into come August...
it's so pretty! Perfect for her. She'll be rooming with a lovely
young girl...they'll make the greatest of friends. I can totally tell.

Hubs and I watched an interesting and good movie from VOD:






















wasn't prepared for the ending. I really liked this movie.
Very REAL.  It makes you think.

and I've just finished this:























One of THE best books I've read in a LONG time.
Powerful, makes you empty a box of kleenex & feel like
 you are THERE. Excellent author.

decided it's time for a funny one, so this is what's next:























That's all I have for today.
Sure hope your day is full of sunshine...
(we're under a flash flood right now.)

xoxo,
~me.♥

11 comments:

Daniela said...

I opened my google reader and this is what was waiting for me at the top. Love those buttons and the layout is stunning. Love the colors and, of course, her dress. The movie is arriving tomorrow and I hope that one day I make time for reading again.
Busy week, but lets work on getting together soon. Miss you.

Danielle Calhoun said...

gorgeous, everything, as always!!!! :) good to know that is a good movie...I was wondering if we should watch it!

Jillian Deiling Cassity said...

ohh those buttons are so pretty and i just adore your layout, beautiful!

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Gorgeous layout! I love hearing about your reads but you are lightning fast girl! I'm still on the last book you recommended! I'll be making notes on these two books! Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

such a pretty layout! those buttons are gorgeous!

Amy said...

those buttons are sooo pretty! you did a wonderful job with them on your layout!

theelfqueen said...

Those buttons are so cute! And the page is STUNNING! Just awesome! What a fab pic!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
pocket watch

Jennifer said...

OH WoW! I adore those buttons buttons and your layout is so Beautiful. I really want to see that movie but if its going to make me cry I am going to hold off. I will add the book to my summer reading list that I am yet to start!

Melonie said...

Love Tessa's buttons and especially love how you used them here! Have a great week:)

Lorry said...

LOVED Sarah's Key!
I learned so much from that book about the Vel d hiv I never knew definately an eye opener and "must" read. Love your blog and layouts.