Wednesday, February 23, 2011

*hanging in, not out....*

yep, that's me.
I'm here.
hanging in.
feel like i'm barely holding on a thread...
taking each day slowly.
afterall....


















(photo credit:  pinterest)


I've been getting lots and LOTS
of sweet emails, asking me how I am,
if there's an update on what's been going on with me.
well...
here's my latest update:

  • saw my primary on Monday.
  • he called in back in after reviewing my Friday labs...didn't like my white count.
  • it climbed higher....(it's at 21.4...normal healthy person is 5-8 even 10...)

so, he counseled me,
told me a few things,
asked me a few things
then told me he's moving my pulmonary appt. up from Thurs to Tues
which was yesterday...
this is what my pulmonologist thinks:

  • seems to think I'm still suffering lingering effects from my pneumonia/acute bronchitis
  • put me on a 21 day taper of steroids (3 pills, 2 pills, 1 pill) along with Symbicort. 
  •  also discovered I have a hiatial hernia, which is causing GERD and gave me medication to treat that. 
I see him again in 3 weeks. 
due to my high white blood count,
I have another blood in a week for that and see what to do about it. 
and if that wasn't enough?
they discovered something else...something in my gallbladder...but....
They want to get me over this lung thing first. 
They are still quite alarmed about my white count. 
I can't seem to get well!
I've had this crap since the end of January. 
Come to think of it...since December. I was treating it over the counter then.
Today?
I had to go to the dentist....let's just say....ouch.
so I'm off to veg, in my snuggie, watch some tv
and maybe later finish up some assignments....

thank you again for ALL of your prayers, well wishes, notes, kind thoughts
and all of you that have brought delicious meals to us...you have no idea how
much you mean to me!
THANK you.
 I'm beyond touched by all of you.


















(photo credit:  pinterest)
word.
i saw this and thought of my sweet mama.
she reads my blog! how cute is she...
love you mama...thank you for all you've done for me.


have a lovely day.
i'll be back soon....

6 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Bless your heart, I am saying a prayer for you now for a speedy recovery. You are so sweet, I hate hearing that you are in such discomfort. Get some rest, and hopefully you will be up and at'em once the warmer weather gets here! :)

Blossom inch said...

oh no....get well soon!

Renee said...

Thank you for updating us....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, Leslie. Oh, thank your Mama for me for taking good care of you!

Jocelyn said...

Well sweet friend...you have been through so much!!!!

I can relate with the lung issues...I have just come off of prednisone and remember after you take the hit of Symbicort...drink lots of water...it can cause irritation in your throat and thrush in your mouth...so drink lots of water!!

I am keeping you in constant prayer....get lots of rest!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Charlene said...

Hang in there! Well wishes and prayers and hugs :-)

Graziscrap said...

Hope you get well sooner as possible. XOXO